2018, here I come!
As I head into 2018, it's only natural to look back on the goals I had set for 2017 and see where I measured up.
- Drink more water - Mmmm yeah no, this didn't really happen.
- Improve posture - I bought this thing that should help me sit straighter but haven't been using it so also.. not really.
- Have a better sleeping schedule - Yeah.. for a little while I was good about ending stream early enough to sleep but it didn't last.
- Keep my room and workspace tidy - I'm still messy but something I really still have to work on! I was able to clean up my streaming space but it's still a work in progress.
- Travel when possible - Yes! Actually, I traveled to Seattle (MK Meetup), Japan (vacation with family), Philly (Keycon 2017), Long Beach (TwitchCon). It has been a lot of fun traveling and more importantly, being able to meet lots of people!
- Keep track of finances/learn2budget correctly - Haha... yeah I still have trouble keeping track of my spendings.
- Website - I guess this was done but there is still more work that could be done on my site!
- Growth in my stream - Yes! We hit over 150 unique subs and 250 sub points at the end of 2017.
- Run a resin casted sale :) - Managed to squeeze in a Yeti sale!
I would have to be a superwoman to be able to say I did all the things I said I would. For this year, it looks like I'll have to focus a bit more on taking care of myself and just really focusing on being more organized. It's easy to look back and feel bad for not achieving certain things but also there are plenty of achievements that weren't in my resolutions! We raised a bunch of money for charity (over 10K), I was featured (for a short while) on the front page of Twitch and I finally met many of my Twitch friends and also artisan friends! I'm incredibly blessed for the continued support of my Twitch fam and also the mechanical keyboard community.
Going forward, here are my goals for 2018 (going to recycle a bit):
HEALTH (TAKE CARE OF YOSELF!)
- Drink more water - Maybe I can try and get one of those smart water bottles that remind me to drink water??
- Improve posture - Use my posture.. helper thing 15 mins/day (this is the suggested time)
- Get enough sleep - I realized that changing my schedule is a little hard (due to work and streaming) so I've revised this to just be getting more hours of sleep, so like 7 hrs?
- Be more organized
- Clean up streaming space to not scramble as much
- Track expenses and budget properly
- Don't leave messes in common areas in my house
- Go to an international mechanical keyboard meetup - In general, I'd like to travel as much as I can, so that is more of a given resolution already. But I really want to go to a meetup outside of the US!
- Be on time - This is going to be a hard one. I'm known to run late (I run on tnyTime, which means I am never late of course), and I just want to be more punctual and stick to my schedule.
- Get sponsored - Growth in stream is something that I'm always looking to do, but I think the next step that would take my channel to the next level is to get sponsored!
- Run more regular resin sales - Still need to refine my process and probably invest in some better equipment, but really looking forward to doing more resin sales in 2018!
And that's it! Thanks for sticking with me in 2017, and 2018, here I come!