Hello 2017. Nice to meet you.
I'm not a writer. By any means. I mean, sure I was in some honors English class in high school, but I'm pretty sure I still write at the level of a 5th grader. That being said, I still like being able to capture my thoughts down into words and I thought having a little blog on my site would be a great way to share my experience and also document my experience for future me to look back on.
My website will still be under construction as I set things up. But that's one of my goals of 2017!
When people think about the new year, we inevitably think about the things we want to accomplish in 2017. For me, I'm a pretty lazy person, so most of my reso's go uncompleted by the end of the year (in fact, some are completely abandoned by February). I think in part, I forget to re-evaluate where I am with the goals I set at the beginning of the year. And as time goes by, I just completely forget about them. I have taken the time to set some goals for myself for the new year, but I will definitely be back to check on my progress (and pivot/rewrite them, if necessary).
Here's them in a short list:
Health related :
- Drink more water - I know this sounds silly but I definitely do not drink enough water that a healthy person should (8 cups a day!).
- Improve posture - Not exactly sure how to make progress towards this one, but sitting at work all day + sitting in chair when streaming probably isn't the best for my body, especially since I have bad posture to begin with.
- Have a better sleeping schedule - Due to streaming, I usually sleep around 2-3, which is not that healthy...
- Keep my room and workspace tidy (or just more organized in general) - Ooh boy, this one is a hard one. I've even ready Marie Kondo's book about tidying but have yet to fully apply it myself :(
- Travel when possible - I'm young and have nothing heavily tying me down (i.e. like a family other than my work/art/streaming stuff) so I'd like to take chances to travel, whether within the US or International!
- Keep track of finances/learn2budget correctly - This is a big one for me. I often just ignore how much money I'm spending on my hobbies and I think it'd be a good thing for me to get into the habit of taking note of my expenses, and learning how to save money instead of spending it!
- Website - Set up a website with a blog + store (either embedded from an outside shop or built into this website itself), and be able to show some of my previous works.
- Growth in my stream - Hit 100 subs? Hit 2K followers? I don't know, numbers are pretty ambiguous in terms of stats because there's a lot of different factors that affect it. All I am aiming for is growth and it's hard to measure that without using numbers.
- Run a resin casted sale :)